The Series X Retro-Grate is a hinged and lockable safety grating panel that is easily installed beneath existing access covers to prevent falls from heights and is designed to fit any pit opening, regardless of the original access cover manufacturer.
It is ideal for water authorities, councils, pump station manufacturers and civil engineering companies requiring a lightweight and operational safety grate solution for manhole openings and pits.
Applications: Water and wastewater treatment plants, sewer and water pumping stations, valve pits, overflow chambers, flowmeter pits and electrical pits.
- Aluminium “I” bar construction
- 316 stainless steel hardware
- Spring-loaded lifting handle
- Lockable with owner-supplied padlock
- Easy to install regardless of cover manufacturer
- Under 16kg lifting weight
- 90 degree hold open arm
- Incorporates access to pump rail guides and other instrumentation while remaining in the closed position
- Powder coat finish
- 1464kg per metre load rating
- 10-year guarantee
- Engineer-certified design drawings provided upon request