Series W Channel Frame
The Series W is an aluminium channel-framed access cover with a Class A load rating. It is designed to be cast into concrete top slabs directly above equipment in pits that do not have provisions for drainage. The channel frame acts as a gutter to capture water run-off and divert it away from the inside of the manhole or pit. Although not 100% water tight, it should be used when water intrusion and/or odour issues are likely to occur.
It is used by precast concrete pit providers and civil construction companies requiring a faster precast solution and is ideal for water authorities, councils, pump station manufacturers and design and civil engineering companies needing a lightweight and operational access solution.
Applications: Water and wastewater treatment plants, sewer and water pumping stations, valve pits, overflow chambers, flowmeter pits, electrical pits, grease traps and directly above submersible pumps in locations where odour suppression is required.
- Extruded aluminium channel frame
- 316 stainless steel hardware
- Under 16kg lifting weight
- Recessed lockbox and lifting handle
- Slam lock
- 90 degree hold open arm
- Rubber gasket to limit odour and water infiltration
- Anti-slip coating (optional colours)
- Hinged fall prevention grating panels
- Nut rail system allowing pump rails and instruments to be bolted to cover
- Designed in accordance with AS3996-2019
- Class A load rating
- Lifetime guarantee
- Engineer-certified design drawings provided upon request
Available in 3 and 4 lid arrangements and in stainless steel construction.